During these unprecedented times, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand how difficult the world is to navigate right now, and how apprehensive young adults might be about contacting their healthcare providers or visiting their GPs – but germ cell cancer won’t stop, so neither will we.
Whether you are concerned about the signs and symptoms, have been diagnosed or know someone who has – we want you to know that you’re not alone. That’s why we have put together this guide for young adults affected by germ cell cancer in the UK.
All information has been taken directly from their respective websites or social media. Please contact the charities or organisations listed below directly for further info.
TESTICULAR CANCER NETWORK
- The Testicular Cancer Network is a consortium of small charities that have come together to share best-practise and medical information; offering a common voice to our common goal – to save lives through early detection and to improve the lives of those affected by testicular cancer.
- Visit the website to learn more about how these charities can support you: testicularcancernetwork.co.uk
ORCHID MALE CANCER CHARITY
National Male Cancer Helpline: 0808 802 0010
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 09:30-17:40
- Talk to specialist nurses.
- Email: [email protected]
OVACOME OVARIAN CANCER CHARITY
My Ovacome Forum
- 24-hour online forum of nearly 13,000 members.
- All of whom are people living with or affected by ovarian cancer: healthunlocked.com/ovacome
Ovacome Support Line: 0800 008 7054
- Monday-Friday: 10:00-17:00 (Tuesdays extended until 20:00)
- Information and emotional support on all aspects of ovarian cancer, including support for family members, clinicians and friends.
- Email: [email protected]
- Text: 07427390504
- Skype: ovacome.support
TARGET OVARIAN CANCER
Ovarian Cancer Support Line: 020 7923 5475
- Monday-Friday: 09:00-17:30
- Nurse-led support line.
- Confidential information, support and signposting for advice on the symptoms, risk, diagnosis, treatment and management of ovarian cancer in the UK.
- Contact Form: www.targetovariancancer.org.uk/information-and-support/support-you/ovarian-cancer-support-line/contact-our-support-line
GRYT HEALTH APP
- App that connects cancer patients and caregivers across the world.
- Connect with a community that ‘get-it’ through individual connection, group chats and app-chats.
- Download the app here: grythealth.com/the-app
TREKSTOCK YOUNG ADULT CANCER SUPPORT
- Online support for people in their 20s and 30s who have been affected by cancer.
- Sign-up for your free support pack (please note that support packs may be delayed due to the current situation): www.trekstock.com/onlinesupport
- Private Facebook Group: Join 100s of young adults across the UK sharing daily tips, stories and experiences. Get 24-hour support through our online community: www.facebook.com/groups/874625719235550/